Heat 115 | Knicks 120
Overall, you gotta like what you saw from the Heat tonight. I personally think that the Heatians will win at least 40 this season and if that’s the case, the winning will need to begin this Friday.
- Wade looks awesome again – Man, what can I say about Wade? He was back to his old self and almost helped us pull it out tonight before he was thrown out with his 6th foul on the evening. I’m really liking the plan to utilize Wade and Chalmers in the backcourt and hope that they both stay healthy throughout this season.
- Mario Chalmers is a (mini) beast – For all the talk of the Derrick Rose debut, Mario Chalmers was every bit as good this evening, and played an intricate role in helping us stay in the game late. I’m excited to see that we have possibly found our point guard starter for the season in M.C., though i’m going to reserve a judgment until I can see more of Shaun Livingston. BTW, What’s up with Shaun? I think we might have a future all-star on our hands.
- The Matrix and U-Do both had double-doubles on the evening – I said previously that in order for the Heat to be successful this season, Shawn Marion and Udonis would have to step up big. They Did! I really liked how Udonis made the big grabs and how Shawn Marion did all the little things. Hopefully they’ll begin to mesh more down low and build that brick wall style of play where the low post is always protected.
- Michael Beasley was underwhelming – I mean, he was the only starter for the Heat not to reach double digits (9 points). But, it wasn’t just the points, but more the fact that he just looked lost in the scheme of things. I would’ve given him a pass on the basis of first game jitters if it weren’t for the fact that Chalmers gave us 17 & 8 (assists). Let’s see how he does in the home opener.
- Okay, I couldn’t really find another sore point – Overall, they played well. I mean, you could go with the whole low 3-point percentage argument, but they really did show a lot of grit tonight, putting up 40 points in the 4th quarter to pull within 3 points.
It’s going to be a decent season if the heat can get the ball rolling on this whole run-and-gun style they used to close out the game