I am back to working on the Marketing guide for ministries. Now, in my previous post, Congregation Metrics, I listed a few interesting facts about Predominately black churches of Christ in the Northeast and Southern portions of the United States.
Just a few thoughts:
- Of the 13,700 total congregations of the Church of Christ located stateside, there are only 91 predominately black congregations with 300 members or more.
- There are 103,358 members attending 998 congregations in the southern and northeastern regions of the United States.
- In the southern and Northeastern regions of the US, there are four states which have no predominately black congregations of the Church of Christ (Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont).
- There are 3 states with at least 100 congregations in the 2 regions studied – Alabama (118), Tennessee (141), & Texas (231).
- There are 7 states which have fewer than 10 congregations statewide – Connecticut (2), Massachusetts (3), New Jersey (9), Pennsylvania (6), Delaware (2), Virginia (7), and West Virginia (1).
And finally, the numerical data collected during research for the Marketing Guide.